CT scan is a machine that detects the defects of the body. Several times, we feel problems in our bodies and those left untreated. Hence you need to contact the ct scan Moorebank. It helps you to diagnose the real problem in your body. Other than that, the images come in three dimensions.
Many people need to learn the exact procedure of the scan. Some get fear that it might be a painful procedure whereas it might take time or not. Let us tell you that it is a painless procedure and takes a few times. However, the time depends upon the body parts.
Entire Procedure Of the CT Scan Moorebank
The entire procedure of a CT scan involves the following process.
- The first step is to remove all your jewellery. It is better to remove everything from the home. After that, the technician will tell you to change into the patient’s gown.
- The ct scan Moorebank has two types of scanning procedures. The first one is contrast and the second one is un-contrast. An intravenous line will be injected into the hand and arms if it contrasts. There is the option of oral contrast where you have to swallow liquid contrast preparation. Another one is the contrast given rectally. Depending on the situation, the doctor will make the decision.
- After that, you have to lie down on the slide table and it slides into the opening of the scanning machine. Sometimes, the technicians provide pillows and straps to prevent the unnecessary movement of the patient.
- The technician will be in a different room and from there they will control the scanner. The technician will watch you from the window. The patient can also interact with the technician if they feel so. There is a call button. You can press those and call them if you are facing any problems.
- Now, the procedure of the ct scan at Moorebank will start. The scanner will start to rotate and rays will capture the image. You can hear the clicking sound and those are normal.
- The scanner machine will detect the major problem in your body absorbed by the body tissues. The computer will transform the image for the radiologists. That is why you must stay calm and quiet throughout the process. They will capture all your pictures and you will feel nothing. If you move then the machine might not be able to capture the perfect image.
- During the procedure, the technician will instruct you to hold your breath and release it. Following the instructions and doing as per the technician.
- In the contrast method, you may feel some discomfort when the dye is injected into the IV line. You may feel some salty or metallic taste.
- When the entire procedure will be completed, the technician of the ct scan Moorebank will tell you to get up and change the gown.
These are the entire procedure of the scanning. The procedure takes only a few minutes and you will feel nothing. That is the specialty of the ct scan Moorebank.